Friday, August 17, 2007

Of French knots, ribbons and shrinkable plastic!

I always start a project with a draft on my eMac. From here on...making it up as I go.

Felt pieces are pinned and bit by bit I begin adding the embroidery. Simple ones, that's all I'm currently capable of. Quite enjoy french knots. Must get the embroidery hoop now.

The finished pillow cover. The overall pillow was fun to stitch. I guess you won't get bored with lengthy stitching if you do this hodge podge type of project.

Had to complete the pillow with a mini badge on the top. Had the design printed on shrinkable plastics, oven shrunk and waterproofing with my new crafting must-have the modge podge lacquer! (thanks to Grace again for lugging 2 bottles of this precious material!!!)


Aiyah! Should have inserted a pillow to take a snap shot. Maybe Janet can do that for me?


This is my CCE to Janet of Ipoh. It took me a little longer to finish the 10" cushion cover for the exchange with the ongoing wedding and some work deadlines. Thank goodness I finished it in time! I hope she likes what I've come up with - An embroidered pillow in a whimsical theme. Thanks to Emily for the idea to combine felt and ribbon embroidery. It was really a fun project to do.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Melanie! Fabulous cushion cover you made for JC. What fabric did you use for the cushion cover?

Barbara J said...

Excellent Mel! Fab work and wonderful planing :)

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love that cushion! My suggestion ~ Frame up that eMac draft, placed it by the coffee table with the cushion on a sofa hereby.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous cushion. Reminds me of the style of felt and embroidery pictures that my mum had as a young woman in Holland. I love felt and must have another play with it when I move and finally have a studio to myself!

Janet C said...

Thanks Mel for the lovely cover.